Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Nocturnal Breakfast

Today I was craving breakfast for dinner. I am a huge breakfast/brunch person so having breakfast for dinner is one of my favorites. And when I cook this, I go BIG. 

All of the food I make for this meal is super simple but so satisfying at the same time. My family has chickens so we have fresh eggs everyday to eat. I don't particularly like eggs, so I decided to have egg substitute (I put cheddar cheese and hot sauce on mine) while my boyfriend had the real deal. Every breakfast meal should include hash browns. It's just a necessity, so of course we made though. They are super easy to make too, all you do is grate the potatoes (we leave the skin on), and put the spread out in a pan (medium high heat was used for everything) that has some olive oil in it. I leave them in the pan with a lid on top to cook for about 5 minutes, then flip it into the other side to cook. Next is the sausage, but since I am vegetarian we used the Morningstar breakfast sausage patties, which I happen to absolutely love. I would eat them everyday if I could. To cook those, all you do is put them in a pan with some olive oil, then put a lid on top so that they steam. It helps cook them all the way through so you don't have the middle still frozen. Lastly, we made French toast with a twist. Instead of using sliced bread, we decided to used a sliced baguette. For the drench, all it is, is an ratio of about 2:3 of mixed eggs and milk. You don't want it to be a completely even amount of both. So you want to make sure there is a little more egg than milk. I noticed that it makes them not soggy, but not too crispy. Once you soak both sides of each slice of bread, you just put them in a pan and cook! I leave them for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. To top them we decided to put boysenberry jam and powdered sugar on them, which was a genius decision. We also had mimosas because every good breakfast has a mimosa included with it. 

Breakfast for dinner is a really good option when you don't know what to cook for dinner, or don't have much time to cook dinner. This took us about a half an hour to make and it's so simple! 

Bon appetite! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment