Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

One With Nature

Camping is a family tradition for us. We go at least once every summer since before I was born. It's at the same place every year for the past at least 10 years. The place we went to before had a forest fire, so we had to redirect to another campsite. We now camp at the Barview Jetty which is right on the ocean. 



On the first night we are there we always have chili cheese dogs which happen to be one of the things I look forward to every year when we go. We cook the hot dogs ( my mom and I eat veggie dogs) on the campfire and just have endless amounts of chili on hand for them. All of our cooked meals are made on the fire of course. Another meal I look forward to is our big breakfast we have on the first morning we are camping. This includes hash browns, eggs, and sausages. 

While camping, we always make it a point to go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. My two little cousins and their parents always come camping with us and the girls freak out every time we step inside. This year my boyfriend also came camping and I found out he hadn't been there for 15 years. So he had the same reaction of a child who just walked in for the first time. When we were there, along with the massive amounts of cheese samples we had, we also had ice cream of course. I chose the cinnamon horchata flavor because it's one that they don't sell in the stores and is specific to the factory.



When we aren't exploring town, we are always on the beach just taking in that fresh ocean air and enjoying the sun on the beach. We played football and buried each other's feet in the sand. Sunsets on that beach are also amazing there. I seriously cannot wait until we go camping again next year.  There were no outfit mentions in this post because honestly I wore the same thing every day we were there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment