Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

I'll Drink To That

A few days ago, my boyfriend and I decided to go on a little mini adventure. We had an errand to run downtown, so we thought instead of sitting in traffic for an ungodly amount of time, we would just hang out there! Our first stop is always to get food. Since we were on Mississippi, we chose to go to ¿Por Que No? because I seriously cannot get enough of this restaurant. I constantly crave it since the first time I was introduced to its glory. 

The margarita that was special that day was pineapple mint. I don't think I need to even explain that it wasn't a question if I should get it or not. I love that they let the mix sit so that the flavors are able to absorb in each other. This makes for a party in my mouth where the guests of honor were pineapple, mint and tequila. Anyone who knows me, knows that tequila is my first choice to drink. There was also a chili salt on the rim of the glass which added a nice little kick to the drink. I licked that stuff off right away. Of course we got the chips and guac to start off because I cannot pass up guac. Also theirs is creamy but chunky at the same time. The chips are perfect too because they aren't too thick and oily. I have an addiction to tacos as well, so of course I chose to get the verduras tacos that I had before (see older post from when I went there). I also got the side of rice because Mexican rice is the best. Needless to say, no one can ever do any wrong going to this spot. 

After food, we walked around a little and went into some of the shops. At one shop we did a salt and bitters tasting which was different but still so exciting. Samples are my favorite thing in the world so whenever there are any, I always get really excited. My boyfriend constantly makes fun of me for this.

Once we covered that area, my boyfriend mentioned how he has been wanting to go to Expatriate over off of Killingsworth. So we hopped into the car and drove over to that area. We are that couple that doesn't go out to clubs or anything like that. We would rather go to tiny, hipster, cool bars, which is exactly what this bar is. Inside it is very modern with an old French touch. Everyone working was very welcoming when we walked in. So once we sat down at a table, we started to go through the drink list. I know that any place is really good when I have troubles choosing what to have. Here, I was torn between I think it was three drinks which is a good thing! I ended up getting the dorlèac and my boyfriend got the ornament and crime. My drink consisted of Monopolowa Vodka, Aperol, Fresh Lemon, Nikolaihoff Elderflower, Local Honey, Angostura Bitters. I am in a elderflower phase do anything that has it, is my go to drink. This was one of the prettiest drinks I have ever seen. It also was very refreshing and left me with a great feeling after every sip. Not to mention, I felt classy as hell drinking this. My boyfriend's drink had Heaven Hill 6 Year Bourbon, Becherovka, Fresh Lemon, Foreign Palm Sugar, Angostura Bitters. I took a sip of it and it was a really well made drink. It's definitely a guy drink though, so if you like the frilly drinks, don't order this one. I am one that loves bourbon and whiskey so I really enjoyed his drink. The bartenders definitely know how to make a killer cocktail here. Anyone who is in Portland should go here. It's a must go to spot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment