Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Alberta St.


Yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a long time. It was filled with tons of different activities and I was out and about all day! My boyfriend and I decided to explore Alberta St because it's an area we don't usually go to, but it has so much to offer. There are plenty of really cool murals, buildings, and an endless amount of places to eat and get drinks at. I chose to wear this outfit because it was a little cold outside and I thought it would just match the area. The hat is a current must now for me (Nordstroms). The jumpsuit is one of the most comfortable items of clothing that I own and made me now in love with jumpsuits (Forever21). My jacket is a nice addition especially because it was a little chilly outside and the clouds were lingering in the sky (Anthropologie). Sandals made this outfit feel summery and were easy to walk around the town in (Forever21). My sunglasses are a recent purchase that I absolutely am ecstatic that I bought (Urban Outfitters). The coffee that is in my hand is from Case Study. I am not a coffee drinker, but my boyfriend was freaking out that they had a location there and was raving about it. So I decided to give it a shot and order a coffee. That was the best decision! Their coffee is so fresh and they make flavor a in house. I opted for the fleur de sal caramel flavoring. This was by far the best coffee drink that I have ever had. And that says a lot because I really don't drink coffee. I used to drink it everyday and then was burnt out from it. But I would drink this coffee everyday! 
The atmosphere there is really inviting and the exact style that I absolutely love. So I was immediately in love with this coffee house. 



While we were on Alberta, we stopped into Jones Cupcakes because we have both been meaning to go there. This was seriously one of the best cupcakes I have ever had. I got the lemoncello mini cupcake, while my boyfriend got the carrot cake mini cupcake. Both of them pack a huge punch of flavor. My boyfriend devoured it in three bites while I took my time with it and enjoyed each bite. 

After cupcakes, we were walking down the street and then BOOM! We saw the Grilled Cheese Bus! I have been dying to try their sandwiches for about two years now and have no idea why it took me so long to get to it. This was the best grilled cheese that I have ever had. It was crunchy and perfectly golden brown. When you take a bite out of it, the cheese oozes out and you will have that string of cheese trailing between the sandwich and your mouth. I clearly was really happy that I was about to eat this. And to make things ever better, we are it on a renovated school bus that was amazing. 


Alberta St is filled with so many murals, but this one was by far my favorite. The color are so vibrant and the details are amazing. Anyone who comes to Portland should definitely make a trip out to Alberta St so they can experience it for themselves! 








No comments:

Post a Comment